The Easter season may not rival Christmas in pageantry, but its significance far outweighs all the other Christian celebrations.
And throughout Christendom, nothing has ever welcomed Easter quite like a good choir to rouse everyone’s spirits.
Easter just wouldn't be the same without choirs singing their solemn hymns and lively songs to honor the risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It’s undeniable—people want to hear your choir sing this Easter!
That includes us!
We know nothing makes Easter quite as bright and joyful as the sound of a good choir doing what they do best. We also know that Easter is a time for renewal and fresh starts.
So we've gotten into the spirit of this holy day, and decided to give back to the people who make Easter just that much more festive.
We are giving away one iPad Air to the winning choir who will join our competition! If you believe that your church or school choir has what it takes to shine, here’s how you can participate in the contest:
- The contest is open to all active church or school choir groups in the United States.
- Upload a video of your choir in action, with the finished output uploaded to YouTube. The video must be three (3) minutes or less.
- Email the direct link of the uploaded YouTube video to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name, your choir’s name, and mailing address.
- Please take note that submission of entries will only be accepted until April 20, 2014, 10 AM EST.
- Wait for a confirmation email to arrive. We will watch every submitted video before accepting it into the competition. The criteria for judging is as follows:
- 35% for MASTERY
- 25% for CHOREOGRAPHY & STYLE
- 20% for PROPS
- 20% for SOCIAL MEDIA IMPACT (i.e. likes, shares, tweets, etc.)
- The top five videos will be uploaded to Churchgoers.com’s YouTube account. Selected choir groups will immediately be notified if they made the shortlist.
- The top five will then be ranked according to accumulated number of views, likes and shares/favorites on our respective YouTube, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- The top five, along with the winning choir video will be announced on April 21, 2014, here on the Churchgoers.com blog.
So what are you waiting for?
Invite your school or church choir and let them join this exciting competition so that they’ll be primed for the upcoming Easter season with a brand new iPad Air as a reward for their talented efforts!
We look forward to receiving your entries and we can’t wait to see what all the choir groups around the United States have in store for us!